Sunday, November 20, 2011

Birthday Dance

Part: Follow
Dances: Waltz, Tango, Viennese, Foxtrot, Nightclub 2-step, Cha-cha, Rumba
Hovers: 0

Friday night is normally a lighter practice night for us due to being at the end of the week, and also normally our social dance night. This time, it also happened to be my birthday, and a whole bunch of my wonderful friends decided to show up at the usual Friday night dance party to celebrate with me! For practice, we just tried a little bit of Viennese, but Jeff's leg's gave out, and then we worked on this new figure we're trying to figure out in nightclub 2-step.

Then it was off to Danceworks for social dancing. It was so much fun to be joined by some of our friends who practice with us regularly at the gym, our coaches, and other friends, some of whom I haven't seen in way too long! Dancing was much the same as usual, though I think our nightclub 2-step keeps getting better. We had some challenging dances where the music was just too fast for the style, so a midway waltz that was somewhere between a Viennese and a slow waltz, and then a really fast foxtrot.

After dancing, our group headed out for a local happy hour where we ended up staying, laughing and talking, until close to 2:00 AM! We kind of lost track of time, I guess, but it was a great way to spend my birthday evening, and thank you again to my friends for making it so special for me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment