Friday, November 4, 2011

See them Run. See them Run Quick. See them Six Quick Run.

Part: Follow
Dances: Salsa, Quickstep
Hovers: 0

After mixing it up a little and warming up to a salsa, we went directly to work on our quickstep hover into six quick run corner section. Jeff's legs were still toast from yesterday's workout, so we left out the round since we had done one every other night this week.

The six quick run proved to be more of an issue than the hover. (P.S. The quickstep hovers don't count towards my tally). It's tricky because I have to get from the outside partner weave position back to regular position in front of Jeff as while we are rotating, which gives me even more ground to cover, and given that I have to move very quickly on a "quickstep" from the one position to the other, sometimes I get a little behind Jeff on the exit. For me, it's a matter of taking care to take really small steps into the outside partner position so I have less distance to cover coming out, and also making sure to swing my hip out and back into position on the exit so that I can make sure I'm lined up in time for our lock step. Jeff was working on giving me more of a left side lead, which at first felt like a left shape, but after a few tries it really did make a difference. Technically, I'm not supposed to swing myself back in front of him without his frame guiding me there, and that's what the left side lead does.

We were both really hungry last night too and the energy was dwindling fast, so after our focused quickstep practice, we ended for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment