Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dirty Laundry

Dances:  Waltz
Part:  Lead
Workout:  Legs at the gym.  Installed washer and dryer at home.
Relatives Staying With Us:  Grandma!

It was a really short practice day for us so this post will also be short.  My day started with the hauling in and installation of a washer and dryer for the house.  A few days earlier, the old washer just gave out and leaked water all over the place.  Luckily no damage was done.  Decided to go with a new set and installed them today.  All I can say is DAMN.  That washer was REALLY heavy.  Even with all the working out and weight lifting that thing was a beast.  But after moving both units in place and tracking down a gas leak I'm all set to do laundry again.  On top of all that, today was leg day.  I gave myself a pretty good beating and headed into practice.

Since it was choir day for Sarah, and thus a short practice day, we decided to continue our efforts in the Closed Impetus Reverse Pivot section of our waltz.  I think it's coming together.  Today my heel turns seemed to work without cheating.  Only issue now is stopping in time to do the Reverse Pivot.  I usually over rotate just a little making it quite a bit more difficult to stop, pivot the way I came, and come out on time.  As Sarah has brought up to me before, I think the upper body continues to rotate a little while longer after I stop, then the Reverse Pivot commences.  I also took this opportunity to torture Sarah by NOT dancing the Hover that follows this figure.  Always made sure to get to the step right before it and just drop my frame and walk back to where we started.  She was not amused.  That being said, we actually did get a few good Hovers in today near the end.  A little less shuffling when we reached the peak.  We ended our practice with a round.  Much to Sarah's dismay, I made us dance to random songs so we could rate them.  Luckily they weren't too bad.  We have a full practice tomorrow so it's time to get some rest!

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool that you dance to random songs. Those are the ones that cause my downfall because in my current category, the songs played are the really boring and slow ones. The songs that I love to listen to are given to the champs. One motivation among many others to improve.

    ReplyDelete