Friday, September 16, 2011

End of the Week Syndrome

Dances:  Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Nightclub 2-Step
Part:  Lead
Workout:  Arm and back at the gym.

Lately our practices have a tendency of becoming less and less focused the further into the week we get.  I think we need to pace ourselves better in this regard.  Of course the workouts play a large role in this.  By Thursday I'm pretty trashed from the weight lifting.  While I'm getting stronger, my energy and focus level is suffering a bit.  I think another reason we have trouble focusing on practice is that we don't have a plan or goal in mind.  Sarah's been mentioning starting up our practice schedule plans again.  I think it's a good idea.  That should at least keep us on track.

Most of practice today involved working on Contra Checks and Promenade Position.  The Contra Check is still really tough.  I think I need to stretch more upward.  Sarah in the mean time is making sure her shape matches mine.  One thing we do have going for us is our balance.  95% of the time I can put us into the Check and let go Sarah without either of us falling over.  Promenade position suffers from the same problem.  I need to stretch more towards Sarah.  Also I need to make sure my frame doesn't break.  I can't wait till these two figures just become second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment