Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Damage Control


Dances:  Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot, Quickstep
Part:  Lead
Workout:  Arms and back at the gym.
New Songs Added to Dance Collection:  219

*sigh*  It's the beginning of another week.  After getting our butts kicked from lack of sleep at Seattle Star Ball, Monday seemed just that much more sluggish.  Sarah joined me for weights today.  Not too bad a workout to start the week with.

Practice today was basically a glorified round.  We danced though each of the dances a few times a piece to get a idea of where we stand on each one.  Waltz felt pretty good despite a few brain farts on my part.  We're covering more and more ground on out first long side.  It won't be long until this room starts to feel small.  That's a good thing I guess.  Tango was A LOT more stable and my frame quite a bit straighter.  This meant our first long side of death would benefit from it and sure enough, it did.  Aside from that, our Tango feels much sharper to me.  Definitely not nearly as polite as it used to be.  Next up was Foxtrot.  As usual, it felt good.  So far I haven't shaped the wrong way in our Reverse Wave part recently.  I'm sure it'll happen again at some point.  Quickstep was still our weakest, not surprisingly.  But I think we're making good progress.  The enhanced focus on that dance last week helped.  We should continue to do so this week just to get it caught up.  Those damn Tipsies are still the bane of my existence.  Finally, the Viennese Waltz.  After Kora broke this dance a few weeks ago, it has never quite felt right.  Today however, either we're improved or just reverted back to our old ways.  Either way, it felt quite smooth.  No complaints.  I think we'll need to apply Tick Tock Timing (metronomic practice) to it at some point.

All in all a good start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment