Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's Good to be Back!


Dances:  Quickstep, Tango
Part:  Lead
Workout:  Chest and shoulders at the gym.
CDs Purchased Today:  14

Sarah's choir practice was moved to today so that meant I was flying solo on my workout.  I got to the gym a bit late today so I really had to work hard to catch up time wise.  In the end my timing was almost perfect.  Finished up right as Sarah was headed in.

I felt today's practice was the best one we've had in a while.  Last week just wasn't that great.  Felt like we just had trouble getting the ball rolling.  Today's felt like we were back to our old selves again.  Thank god.

Most of the time was spent on a Tick Tock Timed Quickstep.  Our balance is getting better, though one major trouble spot when dancing this dance so slowly is the Double Reverse.  The man's part is brutal at that slow of a pace.  I'm going to have to ask Simeon if even he is capable of dancing it that slow.  Other than that everything felt fine.  Even the Rumba Crosses went well.  I must sound like a broken record by now, but we have to keep hammering away at the Quickstep.  It's getting closer!

Tango was the second dance we focused on.  The bar came back into the mix.  Overall my frame is maintaining it's parallel line to the floor more consistently now.  Sarah says she can feel a big difference so I must be doing something right.  Though only time and our coaches will tell.

We ended practice with a little Viennese Waltz.  It continues to feel quite smooth.  I'm really quite skeptical about whether or not we've made progress there.  Oh well, it feels good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment