Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Toby!

Dances:  Tango
Part:  Lead
Workout:  Legs at the gym.
Steaks Toby Consumed:  1

As the title says:  Happy Birthday Toby!  Today, the 31st of August, is his actual date of birth and not the day I received him (that's the day before Thanksgiving).  At the old age of three, he's still cute and mischievous as ever.  Another uncommon event today was Sarah joining me for my leg workout.  It's a rare day where both of us go into practice having destroyed our legs.

Today was full of surprises.  We got into the "ballroom" a little later than usual to find three of our friends in there already practicing.  Due to recent schedule and partner changes, our numbers in that room have dropped off significantly.  It was good to see them again.  With Tango as our main focus, we joined the fray.

Overall our Tango is feeling A LOT better.  The politeness factor is dropping and our frame is leveling out.  However, there is still a lot of work to do.  I grabbed the bar and starting making mental notes of all the places my frame still teeters.  It's not easy when you're rotating that much over and over again.  Another thing Sarah and I need to be careful of is rise and fall.  We tend to pop up every now and then which is a BIG no, no.  And while Sarah is hating on carbon fiber, I need to make sure I don't lead any rise.  One last thought is our final long side.  It still seems WAAAY too simple to be true.  But if we're doing it correctly, then who and I to complain.  Just seems like the routine is really top heavy.

I also found out yesterday at dinner that Kora disagrees with the book on timing of our Tipsies.  It's funny how the the syllabus is either the Bible or the Anarchist Cookbook to her depending on her viewpoint of any giving figure.  *sigh*  According to Kora, the Tipsies are supposed to be Glen Miller style instead of Bach style.  What a pain.

And with that I'm off to feed Toby his birthday steak!  What a lucky puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment